How user right limitations work
Limitation of user rights in Sigur allows maximum flexibility when adapting the system to individual operator’s needs. You can configure not only access to the system functionality but also set different levels (ability to perform certain operations) such as:
- View the data
- Edit / delete data
- Control checkpoints and locks, etc.
For users’ convenience, any extra functionality unavailable to the user will be concealed from the interface. For example, a security officer at a checkpoint needs to see information about the passing employee and be able to unlock the door but they do not need to edit any fields in the cardholders’ files (such as their name, access rights, etc.).
You can create a password policy for all operators in the system. It contains general requirements for operators’ passwords that ensure a certain level of protection of user accounts.
This password policy might include such requirements as which symbols can or cannot be used in the password (numbers, letters, other symbols) as well as the maximum length of the password.
System login options
Sigur offers a number of login options for operators of the system:
- Login and password: suitable for a standard workstation with a mouse and a keyboard
- Access card: a desktop reader is required, can be used for a security officer’s workstation without a mouse and a keyboard
- Auto login: in the properties of the client launch icon, you can specify the account parameters (login and password), can be used without a keyboard
Compatible operating systems
Sigur server and client software can be run in different operating systems. In fact, your system can include workstations running under different operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows
- Linux (some functionality limitations may apply)