Which types of doors can be unlocked
In Sigur, we have taken into account all the aspects of different types of doors and barriers, which means that in case of fire alarm the following doors will be unlocked:
- Regular doors, including the doors with an electromechanical lock
- Turnstiles, including the turnstiles in freely rotating or auto folding modes (if supported by your turnstile type) with a special command from the controller
- Boom barriers (will be kept open until switched back to the normal operating mode)
- Gates, bollards, roller shutters (roller doors)
- Fencing and barriers with automated anti-panic sections (operated remotely)
When and how the emergency door release is activated
When an emergency door release button is pressed. The button must be physically connected to the PACS. The button can be connected in a number of ways, which will affect how the PACS will respond to the alarm.
When the fire alarm system sends an alarm signal. To enable this option, the system must be connected to a dedicated (galvanically isolated) input on Sigur controller. The fire alarm system can be connected to the controller locally, you do not need to lay new wiring over the entire building. In case of alarm, the controller will execute a certain sequence of operations, including door release and registration of events.
If the system is set to respond to a certain event (such as alarm at one of the doors). This logic is software-operated and therefore not recommended: if the server is unavailable or fails, all locks can remain locked and people will not be able to leave the building quickly and safely.
You can connect an emergency door release button and the fire alarm system to a single input on your Sigur controller.
Connection of an emergency door release button
You can connect an emergency door release button in a number of ways:
- Directly to a lock: when the button is pressed, the lock will be powered off. In this case, the system will not be able to control the electromechanical lock and record any events
- To a dedicated galvanically isolated input on Sigur controller. In this case, when an alarm signal has been received from the button, the controller will release the lock, generate a respective event, send it to the server, save it to the autonomous non-volatile RAM, activate the indication on the reader (if configured) and sound alarms
- If a button has two terminal blocks, simultaneously to the lock and the controller
Lock release options
The button can be connected in a number of ways, and it is not necessary to connect a button to each controller. You can use a scheme when one button unlocks a number of doors connected to several controllers.
Different buttons can unlock different door groups, e.g. on different levels of the building. To avoid installation errors, we provide wiring and connection diagrams for a variety of equipment.