During a sync process, the same synchronization cycles are consistently repeated. Each synchronization cycle identifies and eliminates any differences between Sigur database and the external database. These cycles are run by Sigur server automatically with the defined periodicity. Several external data sources can by synced simultaneously.
If an ODBC database is used as an external system, Sigur will also be able to sync all registered access events. All events will be sent as they are being recorded, without delays
Synchronization via a standard ODBC interface
This synchronization option can be used with any ODBC-compatible database such as MS SQL, Oracle, MySQL, Firebird, PostgreSQL, dBase, MS Access, Paradox, etc.
- Synchronization of main fields of employee files, such as full name, department, employee ID, position; it also enables transfer of the nested hierarchy by departments from a third-party system
- Synchronization of any custom fields created by the user
- Synchronization of work schedules and justification documents if presented in a specific but simple format
- Synchronization of photos
- Synchronization of ID numbers (cards, key fobs, fingerprints and other identifiers); synchronization of more than one identifier for each employee is supported
- Sending PACS events to a third-party database (including an option of syncing employees’ access events only with the source from which the list of employees was obtained)
As an additional optimization mechanism, the system can skip synchronization cycles if the database version of the external system has not changed. The external system can provide access to this parameter and ensure it is updated when any data relevant for the PACS change.
Supported photo formats
The external system can store photos as JPEG, BMP, GIF, PNG. Sources photos in the external system can be of any size: the graphic format is defined automatically, the size is also automatically adjusted to be compatible with Sigur.
Optimization of photo synchronization
Photo upload is optimized (it is recommended to use this feature if possible). This is how it works: the external database provides access not only to photos but to their versions being a value which changes every time when the photo changes.
For instance, as a photo version, the time of the last change of this photo can be used, its hash or any even prime number increased by one by the external database with every update of the photo in it.
In this case, Sigur will most of the time request and compare only photo versions, which is significantly less resource-intensive than comparing the photos every time. The photo will be requested from the external database only if the PACS does not have the up-to-date photo.
Synchronization of ID numbers
Sigur can process ID numbers in several formats, including decimal and hexadecimal numbers, from the external system. Sigur can also send ID numbers assigned to employees by the PACS to the external system. ID numbers are sent to the external system in one of the selected formats.
Synchronization with 1C:Enterprise
This synchronization option provides you with auto updates on the cardholders from 1С:Enterprise database. For this synchronization to work, you will need to ensure that:
- 1С:Enterprise client is installed at the same workstation where the PACS server application is installed, while your 1С:Enterprise database may be located on another workstation. Both file-based and SQL-based databases are supported
- The version of 1С:Enterprise must be 8.1, 8.2 or 8.3. Upon request, we can offer compatibility with other versions of the platform
Sigur provides two types of 1С synchronization:
- Executed as an edit request in 1С language (the version of your software must be at least 188.8.131.52). This will ensure compatibility with any 1С configuration, including custom configurations. You can upload all fields to the PACS, including ID number, list of access levels, etc. On a technical level, 1С is integrated via OLE automation. The user must know 1С language and structure and must know how to write requests in 1С programming language
- Executed as a non-editable scenario in Sigur. Technically, integration with 1С is implemented through COM connection. Generally, the user does not need deep understanding or knowledge of 1С:Enterprise language or structure.
This option has some specific requirements to 1С:Enterprise configuration. 1С:Enterprise configuration must have the following catalogs: Employees of Organisations (or Employees), Departments of Organisations and Organisations. These requirements are satisfied in such configurations as Payroll and HR Management and Manufacturing Enterprise Management.
This functionality can be used together with export of a time and attendance report from the PACS to 1С. Based on access events recorded by the PACS, the system will generate a standard time and attendance report, e.g. Т-13 Form, and export these data to 1С for payroll purposes.
How it works
Request in 1С:Enterprise language
When a request to 1С database is written, you will need to specify how the response columns will be interpreted by the PACS. The received value can be processed in the following ways:
- Value (as is): the received value will not be processed additionally and will be used by the PACS as is
- Value (method): you can specify the method to be applied to the return value, such as FullName. The new generated value will be used
- Function (value): you can specify the function to be applied to the value returned in response to the request to 1С as an argument. This new value will be used by the system
- XMLString (value.UUID()): XMLString(object.UUID()) will be applied to the return value and the obtained value will be used
The result of the request will be written into the PACS database. Sigur can test any request before the execution to identify and eliminate any errors and check the return value.
Non-editable scenario in Sigur
If enabled, this feature performs automatic update of personnel data in Sigur against 1С:Enterprise database. The following data on each employee are synced: name, department, position, employee ID, photo. If several organizations are included in 1С:Enterprise database, either one of them or all of them can be synced. If all of them are synced, sections for each organization will be automatically created in Sigur database and then, inside these sections, departments will be created.
This synchronization scenario uploads all fields for each employee, including ID numbers and lists of access levels, from the source. LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol) is a protocol that provides access to catalogs containing various elements. These elements also have naming attributes.
A LDAP server stores these catalogs and provides access to them to LDAP clients via the network, including such features as search through the elements and loading attribute values. Sigur server can be used as a LDAP client.
In Sigur, you can specify the relevant catalog to search entries in and configure additional filters, i.e. which entries will be uploaded to the PACS. The result of the request will be entered into Sigur database.
Integration with Active Directory
Active Directory domain controller is a special case of a LDAP server. Active Directory elements can be accessed via LDAP protocol.
Active Directory synchronization can be used together with auto blocking of accounts in Active Directory when the employees physically leave the permitted areas.
Other employee data synchronization options in Sigur
The options described above are not the only options of data synchronization in the PACS. Sigur supports other tools as well, including:
- 1С:BIT solution, which enables personnel synchronization with 1С:Enterprise
- Employee information import from an XLS file integrated in any Sigur software
- Synchronization with Intellect (ITV) database available if integrated with Sigur
- Personnel synchronization with a partner website, uploading access events to the website. This option is optimal for a PACS deployed in a number of similar organizations, such as schools, and enables centralized management and control
- Designing your own tools based on open integration interfaces supported by Sigur.